Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I resontly purchased a wooden storage building from an

Customer Question

I resontly purchased a wooden storage building from an individual who had a signed contract with the maufacturer to sell them, leaving him with financial responsibility for them. He priced them to me so cheap that i could not pass it up, $500.00 for each that was 10' x 12'. I took it in good faith that they weren't stolen. as it turns out legally they were not. My problem is that the company that built them wants them back as the gentleman couldn't full fill his obligation. My question...If I have a signed receipt for this building that I paid cash for, do I have to give it back to the company?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 12 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

No you don't.

You bought them from someone who offered them to you.

You paid in full and they are yours.

The manufacturer cannot sue you. They have to sue the person who sold them to you.

Does that clarify the law?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?