How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 98986
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to sue a company or an ex-co worker for pain and

Customer Question

I want to sue a company or an ex-co worker for pain and suffering Because I was unemployed for eleven months and even though I was compensated by my former employer, I'm still under a lot of stress trying to find full-time employment
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: State ? I'm in the province of British Columbia in western Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed a report to the workers' compensation board and even tried to complain to their head office and even I'm trying to get a private investigator to look into this. The ex-co worker that harassed me is still with the company And I didn't do anything wrong. I had to quit because he harassed on THREE occasions. He got away with murder and the company still keeps him. This infuriates me and I even had to seek mental help. Even my wife threatened to divorce me saying that quitting was the wrong thing to do.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I was ripped off by a psychic. A private investigator had found that she ripped off a lot of people and I even complained to the police about this and they said I can take her to civil court. I want this lady to be arrested for fraud and have my money back. I also spoke about this to a private investigator. So, you are from the US ?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

I am a lawyer in Canada.

There are two questions on this post.

Which one would you like for me to answer here? I can only answer one. I can answer the second question if you start a new post for that.


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please answer about the psychic who ripped me off first.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please email me your answer. Thank you.
Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

What province are you in please?

How much did you pay her?

Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I didn't receive them
Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

What province are you in please?

How much did you pay her?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I said I am in British Columbia. I paid her $23,000 and wanted more and I stopped. Every time, I wanted to bail out, she made me feel guilty saying that the "evil spirits" were going to come back. She said she donated my money to a charity, which I found out from the BBB that there was no charity called the Sherah and she also said that she burnt my money.
Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

I suggest that you send her a letter by Registered Mail. Tell her that you now realize that you are a victim of a scam. She failed to provide you what she said she was providing but in fact lied to. She also did not donate the money to charity and you are certain she did not burn it.

Give her a deadline for paying you and tell her that fails to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then be seeking interest and your costs.

You can sue her in Small Claims Court and can self-represent. If it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I wanted to send her a form, but I don't know what her real name is. She had a business at a certain building and when I complained to the police about it, one said that I could go to city hall for public records, but they didn't want to give me any information unless a subpoenaed by a lawyer.
Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

You can send her a letter and call her whatever name you use so long as she gets it.

To be able to sue her you will need her name and then you may need to retain a private investigator to find out her real name.

Related Canada Law Questions