Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I would like to seek consult I was wrongfully dismissed from

Customer Question

hi, i would like to seek consult I was wrongfully dismissed from work from following orders from my chief mechanic. I am a apprenticed mechanic and I worked in the oil company CRJ trucking. My chief mechanic changed my regular schedule and told me I will have to come to work today until sunday at 12 noon instead of the regular 9am which I did not complaint but then early this morning there was a truck that broke down so he phoned me and asked me to go and fix it and once done early I can go back to work at 12 which I did but then I came today at 12nn the supervisor/ son's owner was questioning why I came back at 12 so I tried to explain to the supervisor that my chief mechanic instructed me to come back at 12nn and the supervisor did not like that and fired me while my chief mechanic never said a word and never stood up for me so I wanted to launch a complaint for what they did to me so what should i do?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: elk point alberta canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can a file a lawsuit against the company
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

How long did you work there for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I worked there since December 2014
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry I couldn't make a call I didn't have salary yet and I am not sure if I am gonna get paid
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for the delay.

Are you saying they are taking the position that you are being dismissed for cause or are they offering you termination pay?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can i file a case against them or can i do anything?
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

I don't know until I learn the facts. I asked you a question on November 24 and you've still not answered it.

Here it is again:

Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!