Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

If any company check your credit history with your

Customer Question

If any company check your credit history with your consent.Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 11 days ago.

How do you know the company ran a credit check?

Why did the run the check?

Did you suffer any financial loss as a result of the check?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My bank told me,l don't why they ran a heck.They refused my loan application

It is standard practice for a bank to run a credit check when deciding upon a loan application. Regardless of whether they ultimately grant or decline the loan, they are still authorized to run the check as that plays a large role in their determination as to whether to grant you the loan- they have to know your credit history before agreeing to lend you money.

So, under the circumstances, you could sue them but in reality the amount you'd get if successful would be quite minimal, and there is a far greater likelihood that you would be unsuccessful in the lawsuit for reasons I just mentioned and thus would have to pay some of their legal costs.

I know this is probably not the answer you were hoping for, and I can understand how it must be frustrating to hear they ran this credit check, but in reality there is little legal recourse and the wisest and most cost/time effective one would likely be to move on.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 10 days ago.

Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you very much.

Sorry to bother you but would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 8 days ago.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Littel or not helpful at all
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

I am happy to try and assist you further.

Is the company the bank that did the check?

When you applied for the loan did you sign any documentation and if so do you have it with you?