Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

How do I have to wait to get a lawyer for my Divorce case?

Customer Question

How long do I have to wait to get a lawyer for my Divorce case?
JA: Our average wait time is under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes just a minute. More complicated questions that need more research might take an hour or two. I'd be happy to chat with you while you wait. The stories I've heard working here...
Customer: Yes, currently I have apply for legal aid, and waiting to get a lawyer.I'm in a very controlling relationship. We have been married for almost 20 years.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in Ontario. I can give My Address.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, but the cops believed in my Husband, and since I had a depression "Baby blues" 14 years ago my husband said she is crazy, and have mood swings. I have been working part time and Volunteer in two jobs. This is not fair.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes,My husband earns more than 70,000$ per year, and he is asking money from me for bills, and more.I work at Sobeys only for 3 days but the house is in both our names, so he is giving me trouble asking for 200,000$
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 12 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that you are in this difficult situation.

Are you asking about how to find a lawyer or do you have questions? I am a senior family lawyer in Ontario but I cannot act for you. I can answer your legal questions if you like.

Let me know what it is you need.

I'm very happy to help.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 days ago.

Did you get a chance to read my question to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!