Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My niece has 10 year canadian visitor visa and now married

Customer Question

Hi , My niece has 10 year canadian visitor visa and now married to a Canadian Boy , who has already applied for PR . The boy has already paid Landing fees in Sept 2016 . Can my niece come here on marriage ground ?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: No
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need lawyers advise as to how she need to represent her legally before Immigration officer
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

I don't understand the facts.

When you say he has already applied for PR do you mean the started her spousal sponsorship application?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

No he did not started spousal sponsorship application yet

Thank you

Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

So do you mean he just became PR then?

So he is not Canadian but just got his PR status?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Sir ,

The boy has applied for PR and paid Landing fees in Sept 2016 as a process . Now he is waiting for a Medical examination call from Ministry . Upon medical exam he will get PR in 3 months time .

My niece (Her wife ) want to come to Canada to join him ; My niece has 10 year Canadian Visitors visa .

What reply does my niece need to say to Immigration officer about the purpose of her visit to Canada now ?

Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

Then he is not a Canadian boy. And he did not pay landing fees. He paid to apply for PR status.

Now he can do one of two things. He can apply to change his application and add his spouse to it which will delay his PR status a lot. Or he can wait, get his PR status and then start to sponsor her as his spouse.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Legal Ease ,

I have written it clearly that ; He HAS ALREADY PAID LANDING FEES , AND WAITING FOR

MEDICAL .

CAN HER WIFE JOIN HIM ?