Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I met a man online who says he is from New York. He is in

Customer Question

I met a man online who says he is from New York. He is in Dubai and has to pay Dubai taxes to the Dubai government so he can have his 8.2 million dollar funds that is owed to him. He would like me to help him out. ???????
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Is he real????? How do I know if he is real??? I have several pictures of him, his email address and cell number.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if this Mark Connor, Architect from New York City is real????
JA: I'm the Lawyer's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Thank you.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 16 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am very sorry to hear that you have found yourself in this difficult situation. You are very wise to ask if this person is real.

No. He is not real. This is a well-known scam called a romance scam.

This group of scammers are professional and are very good at tricking victims like yourself. Fortunately you were prudent enough to ask and I hope you have not provided this scammer with any money because you will never find the scammer nor will you ever get back the money.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
He says his name is***** and he is from New York. How do you know he is not real>????

Because I see questions like this dozens of times a month and because there is no such tax.