Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

We're not sure about our question at this time but we have a

Customer Question

We're not sure about our question at this time but we have a civil claim against us for a property we sold in 2012. Every year since 2014 at around this time we get an email with the claim of negligence and basically that we lied about certain features of the house such as the purity of the well water, that the house had an infestation of carpenter ants, etc. Our realtor and her company, their realtor and her company are defendants as well but we are all working independently to respond to the claim. We have paid a lawyer each time that we were sent the notice of civil claim but are no further ahead than when we started. We have given our lawyer all of the information that we had regarding the civil claim and there isn't anything more that we can do or submit. Looking over their claim once again they claim that they became aware of water ingress after they took possession of the property but we made sure to let our realtor and therefore their realtor and them that there had been leaking that took place due to the extreme slant of the roof. We have 14 days to respond and we would like to know what would happen if we didn't respond. Would we automatically lose the action? I'm sorry if the information isn't very clear but I am extremely upset. Thanks for your response.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This isn't the United States, we're in Canada.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm not sure what that means.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know what will take place if we ignore this latest claim?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 18 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

If you don't respond you will lose the action by default so it is mandatory to respond.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 17 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?