How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 96413
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I take back my statement in a domestic violence case?

Customer Question

Can I take back my statement in a domestic violence case? and crown council change the bail restriction,we are doing counselling right now but i want to know how soon it can be resolved thanks
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: bc
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i do not want to a any charges on my husband i want same as before and his status in canada on work permit and the file is still ongoing and they are asking for criminal record check
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 19 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 19 days ago.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.

It is not possible to take back the statement. If you were to take back a statement you would be charged herself. It is absolutely mandatory that you are always honest with the police. If not you will be charged with mischief or obstruction of justice and you yourself will end up with a criminal record.

You are not the one that charged your husband. The police did and they did so because they had reasonable grounds for believing an offence had occurred and they believe that they will be able to get a conviction.

You can tell the Crown and police that you do not want this to go ahead and that you are wanting to reconcile with your spouse and you should also speak to victim services. But that is all that you can do.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
i already told the crown council and police thats why they send him home and they changed some of his bail ordered but he still have a court date
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I want know how long is there process they told us do counceling we are doing that
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am waiting please give me answer
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 19 days ago.

It will take many weeks probably but tell them you want this resolved quickly and certainly before the holidays.

They may have some compassion giving the holidays are rapidly approaching.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
He is on work permit and immigration want his criminal record check before December 10 but his criminal record is uncertain what should we do ? Should we approach crown council??
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 19 days ago.

He does not yet have a criminal record.

He has outstanding charges and is out on bail.

That does not bode well for him unfortunately.

You can explain that to the Crown but that won't mean they will want to withdraw the charges.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
ok we both on counselling that means this going to be resolved soon ??
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
can we email my this problem to crown or have to go his/her office ?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 19 days ago.

You should call.

The counseling will help I hope.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
do you have any solution that i can do it solve fast ? i am worried.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 19 days ago.

I have already suggested all that you can do.

Speak to the police.

Speak to the Crown.

Speak to victim services.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 17 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My charges is dropped now is my criminal record still showed this happen
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 days ago.

If the charges are dropped then there is no criminal record.

There is only a criminal record when there is a conviction.

Please rate me now. I did the work over a week ago but still have not been paid because the site will not release my payment until you rate me positively.


Expert:  Legal Ease replied 9 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am worried because i am not paramanent residence and now they sent me a letter to check a criminal record but police said you have criminal record
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 9 days ago.

This post is going on too long. I cannot keep working for free. I will answer this question and then hope you rate me. If you do not I cannot keep working with you. If you do I will continue to answer follow-up questions.

They were told this when you were charged.

Things have changed because the charges have been withdrawn.

Get the documents that prove the charges are withdrawn and send them to CIC.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Law Questions