Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

When I was about 14 years old in 1980 my aunt made a one

Customer Question

When I was about 14 years old in 1980 my aunt made a one time comment that my siblings and I would be "looked after when she and my uncle passed on. Then in about the year 2000 my aunt became ill with Alzheimer's and her husband had to place her in a long term care facility, where she stayed for about 2 years til she passed away. While she was in this facility our family did not visit as frequently, we all had young families and busy and this facility was 30 minutes further away than their home was. This apparently annoyed our uncle, prompting him to storm into my sister's work place and voice his option of our family and that he would be cutting us out of the will. My uncle passed away 2 years ago. My aunt was my father's sister, and she and my uncle never had children. They were successful business people, owning a small town hardware store, and had to my knowledge fairly significant real estate holdings in London Ontario.
My question is, is there anything we can do to investigate the legitimacy of my claims? And if true would we have any chance of contesting the will changed by our uncle? Is there a time limitation on contesting wills?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 21 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you saying you think that your aunt left you money in her Will and the uncle didn't provide it or that he had your aunt change her Will?

Or is it that she left everything to him and he decided not to leave anything to you>

Are you saying your aunt died in 2002 and your uncle died 2 years ago?

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 20 days ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!