Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My Mother was born in 1900 in either Lancome or Edmonton.

Customer Question

My Mother was born in 1900 in either Lancome or Edmonton. How can I get her berth certificate? I have her death certificate. Would like to have dual citizenship from USA.
Thank you,
Doris Poders -***@******.***
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

This is simple to do as your mother is deceased. That means you are in the category of next of kin and have a right to a copy of the birth certificate.

Here is a link to the information you will need:

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/Birth-certificates-how-to-apply.cfm

You will have to follow the instructions for how to get this document when you are outside of Canada. The fee is $20.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?