Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I submit an invoice to my insurance so they would pay me to

Customer Question

I submit an invoice to my insurance so they would pay me to clean my house after the wildfire , I did not receive any money an
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It's Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Do you mean filed with the insurance company
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What is the reason they provided for the denial of the claim?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I made a stupid error in judgement . I sent a quote to clean my house after the wildfire to the insurance company and said I paid it . So they would pay me because they re doing that here but they called the company that gave me the quote and now they want to meet at the insurance office . .i thought that since they're are paying everyone it would be ok , I know I shouldn't have done it but it's been so stressful since the fire . I lost my home and am staying in a house we bought . What should I do
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I sent everything to the insurance company, I have received no money from them
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

So you home burnt down but you put in a claim for the cleaning of it?

And are you also putting in a claim for the home itself?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No we bought another home , that needs cleaning after the fire , the whole city was evacuated

So is the point that you claimed to have paid a company to clean your home but you made that up?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Insurance said they would pay the going rate to clean the house . So they wanted a quote so I sent it in and after 3 months nothing . So I said I paid the quote hoping to get the money sooner but the company did not clean the house . I know it was wrong but I am so stressed about things after the fire I wasn't thinking right . So how do I fix this

I don't think this is going to be completely fixable.

It may be that the best you can do is show you are very remorseful, it as a terribly frightening and stressful time, you've not done it before, won't do it again etc.

They will not keep you as a client. But hopefully they will not seek to have you charged as this is insurance fraud of course.

If this does go to the police the best thing to do is consult with a criminal lawyer which is your right before making any statement.

I am sorry I don't have a more optimistic answer for you.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?