Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

My ex boyfriend is sick. I started talking to him again

Customer Question

My ex boyfriend is sick. I started talking to him again because he has terminal cancer and he needed someone. Since then he has threatened me stalked me said he was going to come to my work and find me and they guy I have been seeing. He makes me feel scared and uncomfortable. He also said he put a gps tracker on my car. What should I do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 month ago.

His actions you've described sound like criminal harassment, in saying these things and threatening to stalk. You could report this to the police. Ordinarily, you could request they charge him with criminal harassment. However, given these circumstances with his condition, I'm guessing that's not an outcome you want. So, there is some middle ground. You could go to the police, explain the situation and his condition, and request police simply call him to warn his about his conduct and let him know that if it persists they'll have no choice but to charge him. Although the police could possibly charge him from the onset, if you make it clear you just want them to warn him, and don't want charge because his terminal condition, they will likely stick with just the warning which hopefully should get him to stop.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you.

Sorry to bother you but would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you.