Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I acquired a ticket for an unpaid transit fare in Calgary. I

Customer Question

I acquired a ticket for an unpaid transit fare in Calgary. I live in a different town & completely forgot about the situation. I recently went to visit family in the US & came back to Canada. shocked that a warrant was issued for my arrest. I definitely did not mean to end up with an unpaid fine. If this is paid asap will the warrant be dropped? Does a warrant mean a criminal record? I'm incredibly nervous and scared about this situation.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The warrant was issued because you did not attend court.

It doesn't mean you have a criminal record.

You should find out what fine you owe and pay it and the warrant will be canceled.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?