Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am employed by a bus company from Goderich On. and they

Customer Question

I am employed by a bus company from Goderich On. and they asked me to drive a bus in Stratford On. for 11 days. They offered milage food allowance and pay for 10 hours a day which included travel. I decided to rent motel room down there to cut down my travel but know I find out n pay they deducted 6 hours of pay per day just because didn't travel back and forth everyday
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Ontario, Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no not yet have meeting with boss today to discuss why they would do this as not the deal
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it I think thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

What was the deal actually?

Are they paying for the hotel room?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No not paying for motel toom this out of my pocket
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The deal was they would pay me from time I leave home till I get back it was estimated ar a 10 hour day

You are correct and they owe you the money. You are doing a specific job for them and had a clear agreement.

They cannot have it both ways. If they wanted to pay for you to stay in Stratford they should have made that agreement and should be reimbursing you for the hotel and food costs.

So they do owe you the money pursuant to the agreement. They are in fact ahead because you are by far more rested.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you

You are very welcome.

I hope it works out.

At least Stratford is a lovely town to stay in!

If we are done please rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 30 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?