Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Just received a mail from CIC concerning representation

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: Hi
JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Just received a mail from CIC concerning representation please I need answer thanks
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Am in Ghana please
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No they have given me the opportunity to explain myself
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No please
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

What does the letter say?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It stated that I made a false statement with the question if I have ever been refused a visa in Canada or any other country. It was an oversight I thought it stated only Canada because I have never been refused a Canadian visa but United state and Uk with a different passport which has already expired. They were able to detect that I have been refused a United States visa. Like I said it was an oversight not intentionally. They have given me the opportunity to explain myself because it is termed as a misrepresentation. I only meet an advice and a format on how to reply them please. Thanx
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No please let's chat thanx
Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

What is your legal status in Canada now? I know you are not in Canada.

Are you PR or are you asking for a visa or are you asking to apply for PR status?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Am applying for a visit visa please
Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

At this stage you are not likely going to get the visa.

First, it is very, very hard to get one from Ghana. Second the misrepresentation though perhaps not deliberate was significant. There really is no explanation that will satisfy the CIC that you didn't understand the question, which is in fact very clear.

But more than that given they know you were denied visas elsewhere this will harm your ability to get a visa so even if you had been accurate you would not likely get the visa.

You can try writing back and explaining that you didn't understand the question but I honest don't think you stand a chance of getting a visa to Canada in any event.

I wish I had a better answer but I know you want an honest and accurate one.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I understand but please send me me I can mail and explain to them .
Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

I cannot do a letter for you. I am not your lawyer. I can only give legal information.

I said you can write them and explain that you misunderstood the question and thought they were asking if you had been denied a visa to Canada before so you said no.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you.
Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

You are very welcome.

I hope it works out.

Please rate me before you leave the site so that I can get paid.

Thanks and take good care.

Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?