Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a retired senor citizen living in Ont. Recently i

Customer Question

I am a retired senor citizen living in Ont.
Recently i applied to a local community transit company who was advertising on the radio in need of drivers to drive mostly senors to hospitals,Dr. appointments and the like. So i called them and applied. Having lots of free time on my hands being retired and wanting to help out. We looked after a challenged person who lived with my us for many yrs. who bmy wife and i drove to Doctors and hospitals hundreds of times who passed away a few years back.
To qualify i need a criminal record and a vulnerable sector check done which i would apply for through the local OPP.
I have no criminal record and a clean driving record as well.I applied for and was given a pardon probably some 30 to 35 years ago.
However over 40 to 45 yrs. ago when i was in my young i had a obstruction charge, an over .08 charge and an indecent exposure charge. Since then nothing at all other then a few speeding tickets parking tickets and one or two minor accidents that i can recall.
What will happen if i go ahead. Should i move forward or will i just be wasting my time and effort here. What has your experience told you.Please advise
JA: The Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ont. Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: At this point i have not gone ahead with any checks.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nOTHING
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i may have another question depending on the response i receive.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I take it u have my email address then.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you saying you got pardoned for the convictions you mentioned in your post?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it has been many yrs. ago but as i can remember i did .

Then when they do the search nothing will come up and so for sure you should go ahead and apply. You are a great candidate given your past experience with the disable person you assisted.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what about the vunerable sector check ?

Because you were pardoned it should not come up.

And you were a youth.

And it was 40 years ago at least.

I just don't think it will come up at all.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What about the Vulnerble Sector check ??

I already answered.

I said:

And you were a youth.

And it was 40 years ago at least.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
O.K , based on your response I will go ahead and have both checks done and hope all goes well.
At the time i will rate you.I will know well inside of the 30 days. The checks take approx. 10 business days as you know. At that time i will rate you.Thank You

That really doesn't make any sense.

I already did the work and explained the law.

I should not have to wait to be paid when you get the results.

I gave you the correct legal information but not a guarantee. Things go wrong all the time. That is one of the reasons there are lawyers to begin with.

For the site to hold my portion of what you paid them is not how the site works and is unfair to me. I should be paid when I've done the work just as you would expect if you were working.

It's the first time in my 8.5 years on the site that I've had this response.

It's your choice of course but I feel you should receive my honest opinion.