Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

If the children were in the mothers care could the father

Customer Question

If the children were in the mothers care could the father come and take the kids while the mother was at work ,there was no court order or domestic contract in place, the father stopped all payments no rent no food , no heat the mother had to find a job and go to nursing school at the same time it was very hard 12-16 a day this all happened in BC. while the mother was at work the father came in and took the kids to Alberta
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: this happened in Canada in the province of BC.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no nothing had been filed, after he took them it went to court , it was stated that the kids would stay with him tell the end of the school year there was a $5000 amount he had to pay her today he has not paid and said he is not paying , he has the kids , and now wants the mother to pay him child support an spousal for him, was making $150.000 ayear now says he could only make $40.000 because he has the girls girl are 15 and 13 year of age
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the mother had to work and go to school at the same time because the father stopped paying, the mother has a $ 40.000 student loan now is a LPN nurse, she is working now in a care home making $18 an hour 34 hours a week, she can hardly support herself
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What is your specific question?

Also when the father came and took the kids what did the mother do? When did it go to court?

Where do the girls want to live?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!