Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Step mother died. Father died left step sister 30%,

Customer Question

Step mother died. Father died left step sister 30%, stepbrother 30% step sister children equallying 25%, and daughter 15%. Daughter not estranged but never asked father for anything financially. As a minor refused houseing at age 15 and 17 and moved inwirh youngest step sister who she never meet. Always tried to keep in touch. The step sister was 10 years younger than my dad and the other two few years younger than her. I only want 25% so everyone is equally. No exlainarion as to why. My step mothers will it was one share each . Doesn't make sense.. should I contest the will
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry for your loss.

I am not yet able to follow the facts.

Are you asking about contesting your father's Will because he left you less than the step-children? And you are saying that your step-mother treated you all the same so what your father did does not make sense?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I know I have legal rights in bc Canada to contest the will? Would it be worthwhile and chances of winning

I don't know if it is worthwhile as I don't know how much money is involved.

If it is a lot of money and so the legal fees would be justified it would certainly be worth while making a claim under the Wills Variation Act as this seems to be very unfair and strangely so. I doesn't make any sense but it is simply unfair in any event.

The changes of winning would be strong from what I have heard in the post as it just doesn't make sense you should get less at all.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?