Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am in Ontario. My ex was charged in 2008 and 2011 for

Customer Question

I am in Ontario. My ex was charged in 2008 and 2011 for assault and plead guilty. He was also a former police officer let go from the force for assault. We have a joint custody order allowing him to maintain control of me. I tried for soul custody but did not win and I'm ok with that and want to move on. Since August (when court was done) I've pleaded with him to put personal feelings aside and coparent for sons sake. He is getting angrier and angrier and I don't know why. We do exchanges at a public place with video cameras and it's voice recorded for my safety. Problem is my son started a sport and now my ex targets me there knowing it's not recorded. He's constantly trying to pick fights and is now harassing my spouse there but saying negative things about me when he has been told to stop. I'm afraid to bring my son there now because I know he's waiting and I don't know what he's going to do. Is he just pestering me, is it enough for a peace bond or is it criminal harassment? I don't want to go to the police if they will think that it's nothing.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 8 months ago.

OK, thanks for that level of detail. Let's continue on this thread, I'll ask the site to close the first one. Please reply to me only here.

Can you give some more detail about how he is harassing you and your spouse?

And I've asked the site to close the other thread and refund your deposit (if any) for the question that got moved. Please stay on this thread and we'll discuss your issue. I'm here.