Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was off from work yesterday. Did not receive my roe but

Customer Question

I was laid off from work yesterday. Did not receive my roe but they want documents signed by noon thursday to complete. the release letter goes above and beyond what I believe would be fair in a non-compete clause. any suggestions?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Toronto Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I am aware of. they provied me my paperwork at the end of the day but no ROE and all it states is I need to have signed documents to them by noon Thursday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If they need to see copies of what I received, I will need to go and get them scanned or I can take pictures on my phone & send them
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Can you tell me more about the job, how long you were there, what you earned, and how specialized it is? What have they offered you for pay in lieu of notice?

For now, don't worry about the deadline. Employers always give a short but firm deadline because they want the employee to not have the opportunity to talk to a lawyer.