Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I got drunk, then I was apprehended by the police while

Customer Question

I got drunk, then I was apprehended by the police while walking to a taxi place. I blacked out and when they arrested me, I spit in the cops face. I don't remember any of it. I have no criminal record, I'm 29, half black, name is***** names in a predominately white small town in Nova Scotia. I'm on unemployment, have no kids and am single. I have good income potential, I'm a pipe fitter, and have some college.
The crown is pushing for a summary offence. Do you think the judge will order jail time. If not, how long do you think I will be n probation
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My lawyer already asked the crown if they would go fo adult diversion and she said no and was taking it very seriously. I apologized to the police officer the very next day, and told him on camera that I did not remember spitting in his face, and would never do such a thing
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was coming from the bar. The taxi station was directly across the Rd. Apparently I admitted to spitting in the cops face, in the cruiser. Again, I have no recollection of this. I was belligerent the whole time and very rude according to the police officer.Please give me the truth, don't hold back. If you think you I'm going to jail just tell me ...Thanks
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

What does your lawyer say?