Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Our fathers will is in probate all most 2 years, there

Customer Question

Our fathers will is in probate all most 2 years, there issues with one brother who is contesting and is not been mentioned in the will. But my question is this, my youngest brother was willed the vote shares (all) for our company .He is also the executer. Can he take part of his heritance but not give out anything else?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Alberta Canada
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: A will, plus he has taken the voting shares to run the business, sold shares, re invested in accompany we are not happy with and states he has the voting shares but the will is not probated
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Lots but a terrible typer
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you saying the shares were given to him in the Will and he has transferred title of the shares even though nothing else has been done?

If so did you ask him why he did that? Could it be that this was the only way to run the business?