Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Re vehicle. accident. My accident occured one week ago and i

Customer Question

re vehicle. accident. My accident occured one week ago and i have not yet reported to icbc. what are the possible penalties? Single vehicle, lost controll in the rain, hit a tree, tottalling the car
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Did you report this to the police?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not yet
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you know bc Canada law?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The police are aware of the accident. Because I left the scene they searched for me
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there atill?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still?

I went to bed when you no longer stayed online.

I have already discuss all of this with your fiancee and I assume he told you what I was saying.

You are required by law to report this to the police and to ICBC. But you did not commit any crime and will not be arrested or jailed.

The accident is not a terrible thing as no one else was involved. The worst part is your reaction when you fled the scene, and hid out. That made your situation worse.

But this still it not that serious and you should just speak to a lawyer as I suggested and then the police and ICBC.

I am a lawyer in Canada.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.