Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

We had tenant evicted from a apartment so that a relative

Customer Question

We had tenant evicted from a apartment so that a relative could move into this apartment. What is the length of time this relative must stay in the apartment before we can rent it out to another person. Does the relative need to reside in this apartment .
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

What province is this please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ontario
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

There is no set time frame. This is all about what is bona fide. If the tenant finds out that there is a new tenant in the unit and takes you to the Landlord Tenant Board you will then have to provide a reasonable explanation as to why you evicted the tenant, had a family member move in and then shortly after that you have a new tenant in the unit.

So you see what I mean?

You will have to have a very believable explanation or you just won't be believed.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?