Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Never got paid for working. worked at a job for a month,

Never got paid for working.
worked at a job for a month, mike said send equipment back etc before you get paid. I did by fed ex. he then finally replied he got it. but it arrived there the 10/04/2016 at 18:28.
I text mike he does the scheduling he said sorry been working nights never got you message. then he said the boss is working on the pay, but he does not know when it will be done.
I live in Lethbridge Alberta, I told him on the phone what wage and he agreed. also In the papers I submitted to him was the wage I want to get paid at. (salary desired) but I never even received my first pay check yet.
yes I have his email, and he contacted me though email.
hours I worked etc.
schedule
But was expecting a pay but don't know what I should do. I just get the run around by them, should I contact a lawyer in Lethbridge. don't have money to pay him or her. cause not working.
One guy was working with he was supposed to get 8000 in overtime in 3 months. he already filed online.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Were you an employee or an independent contractor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no it was a-1security.ca found add ((security guard), guess he is just starting up a new business)) on the internet. New to Lethbridge. 5 other people in Lethbridge worked for him as well. One guy already went online and filed, wait 10 day etc.
never met the boss, just in emails and on he phone.Also I heard from other people he does not give them a pay stub only a check and he owns another guy about 800 in back pay that filed online already. I only have 70 overtime hours.Is there a free lawyer I can talk to in Lethbridge about some advice and show him some papers etc.

When you say no I'm not sure what you mean. I asked if you were an employee or an independent contractor. So are you saying that you think you wee an independent contractor?

How much are you owed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
total owe me is 3037.5 if I add it up right. including overtime pay is in there.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry I was hired as an employee.

Then what you have to do is actually quite simple. All you have to do is file a complaint with the employment standards branch. They will assist you in getting back all that you are owed including the over time. They will also get you vacation pay if you are entitled to that. And they will not charge you for doing

It sounds like your coworker already did this.

I suggest that you contact them right now and they will quickly do what is needed to be done for you by doing what is necessary to get the money on your behalf. You will have little else to do. You do not need to retain a lawyer at this point in time. However, if you do want to speak to lawyer then you can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-****

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i already submitted the form to him though email. I called him and he finally go back to me, saying "he said he has not heard anything yet" then 2 sec latter when I got his text "i said i submit a government form online to you" is that good enough.or should i say about look in you email or sent it by ups and have him sign it. so proof he actually got it.

I don't understand.

But he has to pay you and not submit anything to the government.

So I suggest you deal with the Employment Standards Branch at once.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i already submitted the form to him though email from Employment Standards Branch that I got yesterday. I called mike (one that hires, only person i know there) and he finally got back to me, saying "he said he has not heard anything yet about the paycheck" then 2 sec latter when I got his text "i said i submit a government form online to mike through email, the form from Employment Standards Branch" is that good enough.
that should be good enough, now I wait 10 working days.if not it will be up to the collection agency to collect it.

It may be fine but I am suggesting you don't just do the online form and wait.

I am suggesting that you call the Employment Standards Branch and ask them.

Also could you please rate me now. We can still go up and back if you still need me but I should be rated now so I that I can get paid since I did the bulk of the work yesterday.

Thanks