Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Commercial lease - will you answer or will you direct me

Customer Question

commercial lease - will you answer or will you direct me somewhere else?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: ontario
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i walked out on a lease that was maturing in February of this coming year and they keep calling me for the lease payment for October even though i am no longer there. how should I let them know i am no longer at the place and how can they sue me if the amount is under 20,000 left on payments until lease maturity
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: fine for what?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: hmmm will this cost anything?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm wondering what the best way to let them know that I'm no longer at the place and how can they pursue me for the funds if they decide to pursue me for them. How can I handle this best now that I'm where I'm at and don't want to return to the place? Can my question be kept confidential?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

When we are done and you've rated me I can ask the site to lock the post but please remind me to do so.

I am not really clear about the question.

Are you asking what to tell them as you are not there any more? Do you want to know if they can sue you?

Please just clarify a bit more about what legal information you need.

Thanks

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!