Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I was a stay at home housewife husband left me I know

Customer Question

I was a stay at home housewife husband left me I know everything is 50/50 but he says if I take alimony he is allowed to keep all his pensions is this teue
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

No it is not the least bit true.

His pensions are assets are will be treated the same as any other asset.

Support is not dependent on assets and if he has been supporting you throughout the marriage you will be entitled to spousal support going forward. How long and how much depends on many factors including what is income is, how long you've been married or cohabiting for, your age, etc.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Married 20 years and he makes roughly deducting taxes 110000 a year so roughly how many years and how much a month ?? No kids
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

Here is a link to an online support calculator that you can use to see what a court would likely order: