Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

Am a victim domestic abuse our case still bending on so my

Customer Question

Am a victim domestic abuse our case still bending on so my ex no contact order so he contact came my home without my knowledge he used my phone and send to his threat text he also hacks my emails he is harassing me blackmailing me but am scaring from him i didn't report to the police
Doyou think he will use against me those mails and texts the hearing date
Will I get in trouble if I don't tell now
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Review Legal Documents + Legal Research on Case Law, Codes, etc. + Write Legal Documents + Legal Discussion by Email. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 7 months ago.

If the abused broke his No Contact order and contacted you and made you fear for your safety, then it would be wise to report such to the police. They would almost certainly arrest him and charge him with breaching his conditions. I cannot see you getting in any trouble from what you've told me since the police aren't inclined to punish a victim, they'd rather punish the abuser.

It is best to report these things to police sooner rather than later because, even though there's no precise time limit, the longer you wait the more difficult it will be to explain the delay. For example, if he made contact today, then it would be understandable to report him to police today or within a few days; however, if you wait until 2017 to report it then the police may be suspicious as to why you waited so long.

To summarize, if the abuser is breaching his conditions and making you fear for your safety, it would be wise to report this to police.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you very much.

Sorry to bother you but would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you very much.