Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

The manager of a bar in British Columbia ordered custom

Customer Question

The manager of a bar in British Columbia ordered custom printed tshirts claiming she was the owner and has not paid her invoice. The invoice she signed had both her name and the bar name. Now after delivery and a month of being told various stories by the manager as to why the invoice has not been paid, I've met with the owner of the bar. The owner claims he had no knowledge of the order, that his employee did not have authorization to order on behalf of the bar, that he will not pay the invoice and when I suggested legal action he recommended it. Who would be liable for the invoice the employee or the bar?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 9 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

It would be best for you to sue both.

But at the end of the day the manager was acting as agent for the bar and so bound the bar. The bar would be liable to you and quite possibly the manager would be liable to the bar though that is not any of you concern. That issue is for the court to decide.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?