Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I have a famiy matter case goign to trial in about 2 weeks

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: i have a famiy matter case goign to trial in about 2 weeks and i have questions in regard to ocl report vs status quo
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: im in ontario canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes. there is an ocl report
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: cost for inquiry
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 13 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Can you please set out the basic facts and then let me know what your specific question is please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok. Seperation date is April 25, 2014. Mother took chilren out of the home on that day. July 25, 2014 was awarded shared custody interim order mother had guns in the house. Claimed they were properly stored. Plus some emotional abuse of my son. Fast forward to november 2014. OCL was involved. Recommended 2 more days and primary residence for children. Currently, primary residence is with me. She wants to move the children out of the current school by Sept 2017. Ocl last spoke to children last on jan 2015. Ocl was disputed. There was no real reply except for that they stand by their report. Trial was set for MayTrial is in about 2 weeks. Accusations have been flying that my son is withdrawn. Teachers report says that child is cheerful and enthusiastic. Now just before trial there is another accusation of me telling the chidlren to call my GF. Mommy. Are judges prone to side with ocl reports are the current status quo.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
can you please elete so no one can see these details from google?

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

This question is not open to the public now.

That will only be the case when we are done but as soon as you rate me later on you should let me know that you have and I can ask the site to lock the post and then no one can access it.

I am not quite clear of the facts.

I don't understand who the OCL recommended should have the children more and also whether that was followed yet or not.

Is the custody still shared now and has that been the case for over 2 years now?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
the ocl recommended 2 days more for the mother. Im the father. But I disputed it and it is still shared now after 2.5 years.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It was not followed.

If you can show that the status quo is working well this stale report is not going to matter much at all.

The courts do not like to alter the status quo especially when there is evidence that it is working.

So you should focus on showing that it is if that is what you want to maintain.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The children are doing well but she is making all these false accusations. I hope it does not help in the court.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you

False allegations tend to backfire. She very well may be doing you a favour.

If you feel we are done please rate me so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?