Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My husband and I own our house jointly and all our bank

Customer Question

My husband and I own our house jointly and all our bank accounts are held jointly.If one of us dies can the other take out money from the bank accounts. Do I need a Right of Survivorship drawn up. We have no kids.
Also I was told their is some kind of form I have to get a lawyer to fill out also. We both have wills.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

There is nothing for a lawyer to fill out in a case like this.

You have Wills and that is all a lawyer is needed for.

Generally a bank will only require a Right of Survivorship form to be signed when the account holders are a parent and a child but you should ask your bank to see what their policies are. There is nothing to be drawn up though. If they require the form they will provide it for you.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you have answered my question but I do not want to keep my membership...keep the $5.00 fee but I will not be responsible for any other payments.....this is part of my test as far as I am concerned and yes you answered my question and I dont have any other.

I don't know exactly what you mean but I don't work for the site. I am a practicing family lawyer. I just log in the way you do and I see a list of questions and choose which to answer.

I can ask customer service to contact you if you like.

I can do that right after you rate me.

Thanks

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?