Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

A friend of a friend moved from Toronto to Lions Bay and

Customer Question

a friend of a friend moved from Toronto to Lions Bay and stayed in my house in the basement granny suite for an extended visit - as I have that in writing from her - until our grandma would visit us from Germany .
It was ment to be a temporarily stay and she could have stayed again after grandma ( 93 years old) would have left.
She stayed for 5 weeks and when I told her about 4 days after she moved in that I finally had booked the flight for grandma on the 29. Sept. 2016 it was no issue at that time. I asked her to move out on the (1 day before) but she didn't wanted to do that and now she is suing me for illegal evicting and sending threatening e-mails to her.
I only told her that she has to move out and if she doesn't I will have her removed and put her stuff outside ( covered carport and a garden house with lock).
What can I do ?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 14 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this. Is the granny sweet a completely separate unit for the she's very fast the kitchen?

What she paying rent?

Is she still in the home now?

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.