Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Who pays for exterior balcony repairs or renovations in

Customer Question

who pays for exterior balcony repairs or renovations in Quebec the individual
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: who pays for condo repairs in Quebec the individual condo owners or does the condo association fees pay?
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not that I know of. Some of the members have been emailing back and forth and it seems like they want to use assoc. fees to pay for renos.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: around 2005 summer myself and my neighbor in ground floor condo were told we had to pay to repair for the 10" square wooden ties. I paid appr ox. $1500. for my side. I lost the records as proof
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 16 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Who owns the balconies? Do they belong to the unit owners or are they limited use common elements?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
they belong to individual condo owners

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

That is unusual but if that is the case then the individual owners must pay for the renovations or repairs just as they would have to do for something they were renovating or repairing inside their own unit.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.