Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have borrowed someone a lot of personal money for his

Customer Question

I have borrowed someone a lot of personal money for his business. I am a mortgage agent. We did a promisary note. I have tried to get a mortgage for him that would pay off the 2 private mortgages on the property as well as pay me out. I found a private lender to this but they did their own agreement without me knowing and were planning on paying out everybody me. I applied for a judgement on the propert to stop the financing. I have in writing that the customer said that I could put a lien on the property anytime I want. How do I register the lien or can i
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Do you mean you have started a lawsuit against this person?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I filed a certicate of pending litigation to stop the refinance. I do not have a judgement yet
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 30 days ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

You have taken the correct steps and there is nothing more you can do until you get the judgment.

When you get the judgment you can then register a lien on title, and even seek to have the property or other assets for that matter seized and sold. You could also seize bank accounts or garnish wages.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I am a mortgage broker. I was trying get a mortgage to refinance a client as business. This would done by a private investor or a bank. Who ever I could get. I borrowe the client 3 times of my own personal money and only did a promisary note as registering a mortgage would cost more and I didn't want to hit him with a fee. I had a primate guy lined and then they went behind my back and we're trying to do it without my knoledge and not pay me back. I have 2 promisary notes saying he will pay me off with any refinance as well as text saying I can put a lien on the property at any. They are fighting the certicate of pending litigation I filed

They will not succeed as the lawsuit specifically relates to the property. It is the property that was to be the security for the loan and the text makes that clear.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 29 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?