Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I've been living with my gf for 3 years now. Pay majority of

Customer Question

I've been living with my gf for 3 years now. Pay majority of the bills. Plus appliances that break down. Groceries and so fourth. It is her house and I do not have mail sent here. I do have a apartment with my father who is disabled partially . I am on the lease there and I am his primary caregiver which I sully finds groceries and help his everyday life also. My question is . My gf has threatened to kick me out and raise the baby on her on. Which I'm against . And anyone who knows me would vouch in saying that I adore kids and want nothing but the best for them. My question is what precautions can I take so that if we do split before the baby is born that she will include me appointments and major things for the baby and not be able to get full custody once it's born?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 11 days ago.

Hello, thank you for the questions.

Are you separated now, or she's just threatening? Usually when they threaten but don't do it, that means that it's an ultimatum and they want something to change.