Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

If your ceo uses significant profanity against you and

Customer Question

if your ceo uses significant profanity against you and degrades you in a meeting can you execute the clause in your contract to terminate your own employment with cause
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: alberta canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: (b) Termination by the Executive for Good Reason. The Executive shall have good reason (“Good Reason”) as defined below to resign his employment within sixty (60) days following notice and receive the payments as provided under Section 6 (and subject to the same release requirement), provided the Executive has first provided written notice to the Employer of conduct warranting termination of the Executive’s employment for Good Reason and provided the Employer a period of not less than thirty (30) days to cure such conduct, without the written consent of the Executive: (
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is the third occurrence in 5 years
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Please provide me with the section the defines "Good Reason".

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!