Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

My daughter got married in Cuba last April and after

My daughter got married in Cuba last April and after returning home, she discovered her new husband was using cocaine and using the services of prostitutes. She has never taken any paperwork to the courthouse here in Ottawa to register the marriage. Would she be legally married in Canada?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: She married in Cayo Coco Cuba and she lives in Ottawa Ont Canada...Also she discovered this after only one week married...he felt it was a good time to get honest and start the marriage out with honesty.. If you can believe my!!
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not here in Cuba the Canadian embassy recognized it as the ceremony taken place in Cuba.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately she is legally married and needs to get a divorce to end the marriage.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
She has never taken the paperwork to the courthouse here in it legal based on Cuban laws or Canadian?

There is no requirement to register a marriage in Canada and there is no such thing as taking papers to the courthouse at all.

It is valid in Canada as it was valid in Cuba where the ceremony was performed.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Wonderful thx

If we are done could you please rate me now?

The site will not release my portion of what you paid them to me until you do.

Thanks and enjoy your weekend.