Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I hired a paralegal fi to represente in small claims court.

Customer Question

I hired a paralegal fi to represente in small claims court. I wasn't happy with their work. About 3 weeks ago I posted a poor review under a fictitious name on Google reviews. The paralegalsbfigured out it was me and threatens legal action. How do I go about damage control and can you review the content to tell me if it fits liable.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry you are in this difficult situation.

Did you tell the truth and/or tell your opinion or did you tell lies about the paralegal?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was what I believe to be the truth
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. I like texting

So you only stated true facts or your opinion then. Is that what you mean?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think they are my true facts. Can you review the postand give a legal opinion? I can write it out for you

I cannot give you my legal opinion. I am not your lawyer. I am prohibited from doing that online.

I can only explain the law.

If you stated true facts or if you gave your opinion and made it clear that this is you opinion it is not defamation and you cannot be sued successfully.

Defamation is when you state a lie and hold it out as the truth and this harms someones reputation.

And the paralegal knows that so the threat is likely and empty threat.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you tell me if the following comments sound like deflammation even though I believe them to be true?

I can see an example of a comment but that is all.

Also I just answered your other legal post so please be sure to rate each post so that we experts can be paid.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had 2 questions: 1. How to do damage control and 2. Can u review my posted comment to see if it fits liable. Those questions were not answered.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Legally you could not review and comment on my post. So you cannot answer my question.

I said you provide me with one comment I will review it. I am sitting here and waiting for that comment.

There is no need to do damage control if you told the truth. As I explained it is not defamation.

It doesn't cost you anything to post as many questions as you like. It doesn't cost you a thing to rate the experts. But so far you've not rated any expert who has helped you and that hurts each expert as it harms our stats and it also means we are working for free. I am just wanted you to understand that because you have posted 4 questions in a row which is great but you just have to be sure to rate each one of us after you are done with the question.