Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I had a "sugar daddy" he gave me a laptop as a gift, however

Customer Question

i had a "sugar daddy" he gave me a laptop as a gift, however he purchased it under his company to write off as a business expense. he is now asking for the computer back and i don't feel he has the right to take a gift back. i blocked his number and asked him to stop contacting me, he has contacted me from 2 fake numbers threatening me and saying he will call the cops. is there anything legally he can do to come after me?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 17 days ago.
I am very sorry to hear this.Why is he changing his mind like this?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
he promised to put my rent in my account on the 30th didn't do it, we got into an argument promised it would be in by 2pm on the 1st.. didn't happen.. claimed i caused a fight wanted an apology .. i asked him today he claimed we could meet i sat around all day it didn't happen so i blocked his number and when he realized i did he went crazy. he has been threatening me, bullying me and now saying he is taking legal action. i do have proof he was giving me an allowance once a week and we had an arrangement. is there anything he can do legally about the laptop ?

No. I don't see that there is a thing at all that he can do about the laptop. It was a gift and now he's angry and wants to take it back but when he made the gift the ownership of the laptop transferred from him to you. So he cannot take something that is yours.

He is making empty threats as he knows full well that the police will not do a thing. As well, even if he were to sue you he would not win because this was a gift and he cannot revoke it.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 16 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?