Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I am making enquiries for a friend who is currently in

Customer Question

Hi I am making enquiries for a friend who is currently in emergency having suffered a mild stroke. She was to make her will up today at an office but obviously cannot get there. Is there any way of having the will drawn up in her absence such as by email with all the important details. Then have the document brought to her to sign.
She will be going home hopefully either today or tomorrow and will be competent to sign
with a witness present. Jenny
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 22 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this happened.

What province is she is?

Has anyone spoken to her lawyer?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ontario She does not have a lawyer
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 21 days ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

But I thought you said she was planning on going to do her will the day after she had the stroke. So wasn't that with a lawyer?