Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I hired a company to redo my staircases, I signed a contract

Customer Question

I hired a company to redo my staircases , I signed a contract and left a deposit but when it came to finishing they left everything rough ,missed staining , slopped Varathane everywhere and proceeded to say everything is ok. We sent an e mail about it but all they wanted was there money. This has to be fixed by others as they are incapable. Two more payments were made during this time. I told them I would not pay the full amount because of the problems. I made them an offer or take me to court. They took the offer then proceeded to file a claim saying it was a breech of contract I believe they are in breech of contract because they could finish the job .I have photos, witnesses and e mails . What to do?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 19 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

How much will it cost to pay someone else?

How much do they say you owe them?

When did they finish the work, exactly?

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 17 days ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.