Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

What are things/ways I need to prove this move is the best

Customer Question

What are things/ways I need to prove this move is the best for the kids? And is/will what they want come into play at all? They want to move with me. (Ages 14,13,11&9)
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

This is very difficult because you have to think of ways to prove that even though you are moving them away from their father this is still overall better for them.

But you cannot say to the court you are moving no matter what and will leave the kids if necessary and so it is better for the kids to leave with you and they want to do so.

The court will say that if you feel it is better for the kids to be with you and the kids want to be with you then you should not moved yourself.

And it also doesn't send a good message to the court if you are saying your needs come first and you will leave the kids if you have to.

But if you can show that the kids will have more stability, more opportunities etc that may help.

I don't really have a great answer because in the vast majority of the cases it just isn't better for the children to be moved away from one parent so these cases are very hard to win.

But I don't know the facts or the father etc and you do. So you are in a much better position to prove the move is best for the kids.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?