Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Went auto racing at Mont Tremblant in July, HAD to pre order

Customer Question

Went auto racing at Mont Tremblant in July, HAD to pre order fuel for the weekend from DL Performance in Chambly, Quebec, lousy weather led to less time on the track and less fuel used, returned 7 of 13 drums (54US Gal) and they will not refund all of our money, they are charging a 50% restocking fee. How do I take them to small claims court for the balance of our monies?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 19 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Unfortunately, you will have to sue them in Quebec.

Your first step would be to send them a demand letter by Registered Mail. In the letter, set out the facts, detail the agreement and then give them a deadline paying you.

Tell them if they fail to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interest and you court costs.

If they do not comply you can then sue them.

Here is a link to the information you will need:

Also, I suggest contacting your credit card company and see if they will do a charge back.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

I am leaving in about 10 minutes for a 1:00 meeting but will check back around 2:30 or so when I get back if you don't get back to me within the 10 minutes. There is no rush of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 18 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?