Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

What are the specific duties of the president of an Ontario

Customer Question

What are the specific duties of the president of an Ontario Condo as I cannot find anything regarding this in the Condominium Act.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Aberfoyle, ON
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: It is a new Common Elements Condo that was formed earlier this year and the Board was put in place in early August.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The Board of Directors of a condominium corporation is required to ensure that the condo corporation is complying with all of the laws and for the most part their duties are to maintain the common elements and to ensure that everyone is complying with the bylaws.

The president of the Board generally has the duty to supervise the running of the board and the business of the condo corporation.

The president can delegate to the VP for two other board members.

All of the board members owe a fiduciary duty and the duty of care to all of the owners.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?