Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Help need advice urgently paid lawyer for trial twice and he

Customer Question

help need advice urgently paid lawyer for trial twice and he has disappeared was not informed ... now while cleaning found a letter inside an old flyer stating the firm is dropping me as client and next appearance is in 2days
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am very sorry to hear this. What is to happen in court two days?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well it's my trial date which has been adjourned to this date & im not sure what to say to judge until I get new counsel
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've called around but u know it's hard to find counsel over the weekend

There is very little possibility that you will find a lawyer by your trial date.

All you have to do is attend court and tell the judge that you just found out that your lawyer is no longer prepared to represent you and that you need an adjournment so that you can retain another lawyer.

If you let me know your province I can possibly suggest a way to find a lawyer.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?