Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

In alberta in the construction industry if you sign a

Customer Question

in alberta in the construction industry
if you sign a compressed work agreement to work 4- 9 hour days and 1- 8 hour day is it okay to only work the 40 hours if employer agrees to it
right now we usually work 5- 8hour days and don't work the other four hours which would have to be worked on Saturday
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 25 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Yes that is OK if you both agree.

The compressed work agreement doesn't mean you are only permitted to work the compressed hours. Rather, if you both want to disregard it you can do that.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 24 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?