Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Can my ex spouse make a claim against my new house purchased

Customer Question

can my ex spouse make a claim against my new house purchased while seperated for 6 years but not divorced?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 29 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

She has no claim to any assets acquired after separation unless you bought the house with matrimonial assets.

So unless she has some claim to the money used to buy the house she has no claim at all to the house.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 28 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?