Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I work at UPS as a driver for 8 yrs suddenly a police

Customer Question

I work at UPS as a driver for 8 yrs suddenly a police officer phoned me that I have to go there office for investigation about theft at Ups thru an apple product. Last year in a mall parking lot a person approached me if I want to buy an Apple Watch with out thinking maybe it's was stole I said yes to him. When I had that watch I gave it to my wife as a gift . She said to me this might stolen I said to her I don't know. She just wore the watch twice 2 0nly.almost a year from the the day it was lost. Police officer invited me to there office to investigate. This is only the time I figure it out it was stolen and delivered by a UPS company. So i deny it that is on my possession I was worried if I said I have that it will used against me. They call my wife because the product was paired to my wife's I phone. They asked her if she has the said product. She said yes to the police officer I gave it to her as gift. which it's different from my answer from the beginning until the end of the interview which I didn't admitted. The officer wants me to accept it that I stole it from ups which I didn't do it. So my question is having said my wife admitted that she has the product and I didn't I admitted what will gonna happen and the officer want the product to be return tomorrow @12 pm. Pls advice what the best thing to do. Thnks
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Research on Case Law, Codes, etc.. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I'm good, you can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just wondering I didn't received any answer yet
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Discussion by Email + Legal Research on Case Law, Codes, etc.. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 2 months ago.

As there is a lot to discuss in relation to what has transpired and what your best option would be, perhaps a phone call would be preferable?