Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

If someone phones the police and makes a false accusation

Customer Question

If someone phones the police and makes a false accusation about me being on there property trying to take photos of their small daughter is this punishable or what ?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: this happened to in british columbia canada a month ago
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the police made a file and phoned me after the fact to tell me what happened and closed the file more to protect my name.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: if the file is opened to make charges or whatever does my name come out I am afraid this is a case where the innocent person ends up more the victim
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: would this be a canadian lawyer
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 27 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you.

You should tell the police that you do not want that person to be able to commit an offence like this and that you want them to charge them.

This is a criminal offence. It is mischief and also obstruction of justice possibly.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 25 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?